Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable, NO PREP Google Slide resource from My Call to Teach is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 5 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1. Number Sense” and “B2. Operations” for fractions, ratios, and percent. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Fractions chapter (Chapter 12). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 155 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Reading, Representing, and Equivalent Fractions
2. Comparing and Ordering Fractions
3. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
4. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions (NEW EXPECTATIONS)
5. Ratios and Rate
6. Percent (NEW EXPECTATIONS)
7. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B1.3 represent equivalent fractions from halves to twelfths, including improper fractions and mixed numbers, using appropriate tools, in various contexts
B1.4 compare and order fractions from halves to twelfths, including improper fractions and mixed numbers, in various contexts
B1.7 describe relationships and show equivalences among fractions, decimal numbers up to hundredths, and whole number percents, using appropriate tools and drawings, in various contexts
B2.5 add and subtract fractions with like denominators, in various contexts
B2.8 multiply and divide one-digit whole numbers by unit fractions, using appropriate tools and drawings
B2.9 represent and create equivalent ratios and rates, using a variety of tools and models, in various contexts
*B1.1, B1.2, B1.5, B1.6 is covered in the Number Sense Unit
**B2.1, B2.2, B2.3, B2.4, B2.6, B2.7 is covered in the Operations Unit