Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need! *Please note that this contains NEW lessons with added expectations from the new curriculum.
This resource is for the NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2. Operations” in regards to whole and decimal numbers. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 8 Google Slide presentations
- 128 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Estimating Sums and Differences
2. Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
3. Adding and Subtracting Decimals
1. Mental Facts and Mental Math
2. Multiplication (NEW expectations)
4. Properties of Operations (NEW expectations)
5. Multi-step Problems
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B2.1 use the properties of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving whole numbers and decimal numbers, including those requiring more than one operation, and check calculations
B2.2 recall and demonstrate multiplication facts from 0 × 0 to 12 × 12, and related division facts
B2.3 use mental math strategies to multiply whole numbers by 0.1 and 0.01 and estimate sums and differences of decimal numbers up to hundredths, and explain the strategies used
B2.4 represent and solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of whole numbers that add up to no more than 100 000, and of decimal numbers up to hundredths, using appropriate tools, strategies, and algorithms
B2.6 represent and solve problems involving the multiplication of two-digit whole numbers by two-digit whole numbers using the area model and using algorithms, and make connections between the two methods
B2.7 represent and solve problems involving the division of three-digit whole numbers by two-digit whole numbers using the area model and using algorithms, and make connections between the two methods, while expressing any remainder appropriately
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Operations Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Operations Assessment Package.
Are you looking for a COMPLETE SOLUTION to implement the entire curriculum? This includes Digital Slides, Worksheets, and Assessments that covers all curriculum expectations. Check out this COMPLETE SOLUTION BUNDLE.
Do you want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: email@example.com
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.