Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource from My Call to Teach is what you need!
This resource is for the ALGEBRA strand and covers specific expectations for “C1. Patterns and Relationships” AND "C2. Equations and Inequalities". In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Patterns in Mathematics chapter (Chapter 1). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 100 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Representing Pattern Rules
2. Pattern Rules
3. Algebraic Expressions
4. Solving Equations
5. Solving Inequalities
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
C1.1 identify and describe repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns, including patterns found in real-life contexts
C1.2 create and translate growing and shrinking patterns using various representations, including tables of values and graphs
C1.3 determine pattern rules and use them to extend patterns, make and justify predictions, and identify missing elements in repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns
C2.1 translate among words, algebraic expressions, and visual representations that describe equivalent relationships
C2.2 evaluate algebraic expressions that involve whole numbers
C2.3 solve equations that involve whole numbers up to 100 in various contexts, and verify solutions
C2.4 solve inequalities that involve one operation and whole numbers up to 50, and verify and graph the solutions
*Note that C1.4 is covered in the Operations unit HERE