Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Number strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 8 Ontario Math Curriculum? This editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 8 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2 Operations”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 148 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Mental Math (B2.3)
2. Adding and Subtracting Integers (B2.4)
3. Multiplying and Dividing Integers (B2.7)
4. Squares and Square Roots (B2.2)
5. Properties and Order of Operations (B2.1)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B2.1 use the properties and order of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving rational numbers, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.2 understand and recall commonly used square numbers and their square roots
B2.3 use mental math strategies to multiply and divide whole numbers and decimal numbers up to thousandths by powers of ten, and explain the strategies used
B2.4 add and subtract integers, using appropriate strategies, in various contexts
B2.7 multiply and divide integers, using appropriate strategies, in various contexts
C1.4 create and describe patterns to illustrate relationships among rational numbers
*Note that B2.1 (ratios, rates, percents), B2.5, B2.6 will be covered in the Fractions, Ratios, Rates unit
Want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.