Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Number strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 8 Ontario Math Curriculum? This editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 8 NUMBER strand and covers ALL specific expectations for “B1 Number Sense”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
4 Google Slide presentations
120 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
Specific expectations that are covered
Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Representing and Comparing Numbers (B1.1)
2. Describing, Order, and Comparing Numbers (B1.2)
3. Square Roots (B1.3, B2.2)
4. Fractions, Decimals, Percents (B1.4)
5. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B1.1 represent and compare very large and very small numbers, including through the use of scientific notation, and describe various ways they are used in everyday life
B1.2 describe, compare, and order numbers in the real number system (rational and irrational numbers), separately and in combination, in various contexts
B1.3 estimate and calculate square roots, in various contexts
B1.4 use fractions, decimal numbers, and percents, including percents of more than 100% or less than 1%, interchangeably and flexibly to solve a variety of problems
** Are you teaching in-class? Don't forget to also pick up these:
1. Grade 8 Number Sense Worksheets - these extra practice questions go with the digital unit!
2. Grade 8 Number Sense Assessment package - contains 2 assessments and a BONUS tracker and completion sticker that accompanies all my digital units! All questions in my assessment packages are different from the Google Form in the digital units.
Want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!
Instagram * Facebook * Tik Tok
128 Google Slides, 1 Google Form