Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Spatial Sense strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 8 Ontario Math Curriculum? This editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 8 SPATIAL SENSE strand and covers specific expectations for “E2 Measurement." In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 129 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. The Metric System (E2.1)
2. Angle Properties (E2.2)
3. Perimeter and Area (E2.3)
4. Surface Area and Volume (E2.3)
5. Pythagorean Theorem (E2.4)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
E2.1 represent very large (mega, giga, tera) and very small (micro, nano, pico) metric units using models, base ten relationships, and exponential notation
E2.2 solve problems involving angle properties, including the properties of intersecting and parallel lines and of polygons
E2.3 solve problems involving the perimeter, circumference, area, volume, and surface area of composite two-dimensional shapes and three-dimensional objects, using appropriate formulas
E2.4 describe the Pythagorean relationship using various geometric models, and apply the theorem to solve problems involving an unknown side length for a given right triangle
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out this Measurement Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Measurement Assessment Package.
Want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: email@example.com
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.