Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Number strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 8 Ontario Math Curriculum? This editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 8 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1 Number Sense" AND "B2 Operations" regarding fractions, percents, and proportions. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 175 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Converting Fractions, Decimals, Percents (B1.4)
2. Adding and Subtracting Fractions (B2.5)
3. Multiplying Fractions (B2.6)
4. Dividing Fractions (B2.6)
5. Proportional Situations and Reasoning (B2.9)
6. Properties and Order of Operations (B2.1)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B1.4 use fractions, decimal numbers, and percents, including percents of more than 100% or less than 1%, interchangeably and flexibly to solve a variety of problems
B2.1 use the properties and order of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving rational numbers, ratios, rates, and percents, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.5 add and subtract fractions, using appropriate strategies, in various contexts
B2.6 multiply and divide fractions by fractions, as well as by whole numbers and mixed numbers, in various contexts
B2.8 compare proportional situations and determine unknown values in proportional situations, and apply proportional reasoning to solve problems in various contexts
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Fractions, Percent, Proportions Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Fractions, Percent, Proportions Assessment Package!
Want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: email@example.com
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.