This resource is for the Grade 7 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1. Number Sense” for whole numbers, decimals, and integers. Note that fractions, ratios, and rates will be covered in another unit (to be released soon!)
Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Curriculum? This NO-PREP, editable Google Slide resource is what you need! In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides. This resource is works well online, in-person, or in a hybrid setting!
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Factors and Exponents chapter (Chapter 1) and the Addition and Subtraction of Integers chapter (Chapter 6). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 107 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations covered in each presentation are labelled
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Reading and Writing Numbers
2. Renaming Numbers
3. Perfect Squares and Square Roots
4. Rational Numbers (Integers & Decimals)
5. Rounding Decimals
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific expectations covered:
B1.1 represent and compare whole numbers up to and including one billion, including in expanded form using powers of ten, and describe various ways they are used in everyday life
B1.2 identify and represent perfect squares, and determine their square roots, in various contexts
B1.3 read, represent, compare, and order rational numbers, including positive and negative decimal numbers to thousandths, in various contexts (fractions, ratios, and percents will be covered in another unit)
B1.6 round decimal numbers to the nearest tenth, hundredth, or whole number, as applicable, in various contexts
*NOTE that all other B1 expectations will be covered in the Fractions, Ratios, and Percent Unit
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Number Sense & Place Value Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Number Sense & Place Value Assessment Package.
Are you looking for a COMPLETE SOLUTION to implement the entire curriculum? This includes Digital Slides, Worksheets, and Assessments that covers all curriculum expectations. Check out this COMPLETE SOLUTION BUNDLE.
Do you want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.