This resource is for the Grade 7 ALGEBRA strand and covers specific expectations for “C1. Patterns and Relationships” AND "C2. Equations and Inequalities".
Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Curriculum? This NO-PREP, editable Google Slide resource is what you need! In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides. This resource is works well online, in-person, or in a hybrid setting!
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Patterns and Relationships chapter (Chapter 4) and the Variables, Expressions, and Equations chapter (Chapter 8). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 138 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations covered in each presentation are labelled
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Identifying and Comparing Patterns (NEW EXPECTATIONS)
2. Creating and Translating Patterns Using Rules
3. Variables and Expressions
4. Solving Algebraic Equations (NEW EXPECTATIONS)
5. Solving Inequalities (NEW EXPECTATIONS)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific expectations covered:
C1.1 identify and compare a variety of repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns, including patterns found in real-life contexts, and compare linear growing patterns on the basis of their constant rates and initial values
C1.2 create and translate repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns involving whole numbers and decimal numbers using various representations, including algebraic expressions and equations for linear growing patterns
C1.3 determine pattern rules and use them to extend patterns, make and justify predictions, and identify missing elements in repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns involving whole numbers and decimal numbers, and use algebraic representations of the pattern rules to solve for unknown values in linear growing patterns
C2.1 add and subtract monomials with a degree of 1 that involve whole numbers, using tools
C2.2 evaluate algebraic expressions that involve whole numbers and decimal numbers
C2.3 solve equations that involve multiple terms, whole numbers, and decimal numbers in various contexts, and verify solutions
C2.4 solve inequalities that involve multiple terms and whole numbers, and verify and graph the solutions
NOTE that all other C1.4 was covered in the Operations Unit HERE
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Patterns & Equations Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Patterns & Equations Assessment Package.
Are you looking for a COMPLETE SOLUTION to implement the entire curriculum? This includes Digital Slides, Worksheets, and Assessments that covers all curriculum expectations. Check out this COMPLETE SOLUTION BUNDLE.
Do you want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.