This resource is for the Grade 7 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2. Operations” for whole numbers, decimals, and integers. Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Curriculum? This NO-PREP, editable Google Slide resource is what you need! In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Factors and Exponents chapter (Chapter 1) and the Addition and Subtraction of Integers chapter (Chapter 6). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 139 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Adding and Subtracting Integers
2. GCF & LCM
3. Exponential Notation
4. Multiplying with Decimals
5. Dividing with Decimals
6. Properties and Order of Operations
7. Google Form Assessment
Specific expectations covered:
B2.1 use the properties and order of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving whole numbers, decimal numbers, fractions, ratios, rates, and percents, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.4 use objects, diagrams, and equations to represent, describe, and solve situations involving addition and subtraction of integers
B2.6 determine the greatest common factor for a variety of whole numbers up to 144 and the lowest common multiple for two and three whole numbers
B2.7 evaluate and express repeated multiplication of whole numbers using exponential notation, in various contexts
B2.9 multiply and divide decimal numbers by decimal numbers, in various contexts
C1.4 create and describe patterns to illustrate relationships among integers
NOTE that all other B2 expectations will be covered in the Fractions, Ratios, and Percent unit (to be released)
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!