This resource is for the Grade 7 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1 Number Sense” AND "B2 Operations".
Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Curriculum? This NO-PREP, editable Google Slide resource is what you need! In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides. This resource is works well online, in-person, or in a hybrid setting!
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Ratio, Rate, and Percent (Chapter 2) AND Fraction Operations (Chapter 9). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 7 Google Slide presentations
- 198 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations covered in each presentation are labelled
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Positive and Negative Fractions
2. Equivalent and Simplified Fractions
3. Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
4. Math Facts and Mental Math
5. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
6. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
7. Proportional Reasoning
8. Google Form Assessment
Specific expectations covered:
B1.3 read, represent, compare, and order rational numbers, including positive and negative fractions and decimal numbers to thousandths, in various contexts
B1.4 use equivalent fractions to simplify fractions, when appropriate, in various contexts
B1.5 generate fractions and decimal numbers between any two quantities
B1.7 convert between fractions, decimal numbers, and percents, in various contexts
B2.1 use the properties and order of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving whole numbers, decimal numbers, fractions, ratios, rates, and percents, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.2 understand and recall commonly used percents, fractions, and decimal equivalents
B2.3 use mental math strategies to increase and decrease a whole number by 1%, 5%, 10%, 25%, 50%, and 100%, and explain the strategies used
B2.5 add and subtract fractions, including by creating equivalent fractions, in various contexts
B2.8 multiply and divide fractions by fractions, using tools in various contexts
B2.10 identify proportional and non-proportional situations and apply proportional reasoning to solve problems
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Want to save on TpT resources? Remember to leave a review! For every review you leave, you can earn credits towards future TpT purchases. Simply go to your “My Purchases” page and click the “Provide Feedback” button.
I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.