Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Financial Literacy strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 7 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 7 FINANCIAL LITERACY strand and covers ALL specific expectations for “F1. Money and Finances”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 80 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Money Concepts
2. Financial Goals
4. Financial Decisions
5. Consumer and Civic Awareness
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
F1.1 identify and compare exchange rates, and convert foreign currencies to Canadian dollars and vice versa
F1.2 identify and describe various reliable sources of information that can help with planning for and reaching a financial goal
F1.3 create, track, and adjust sample budgets designed to meet longer-term financial goals for various scenarios
F1.4 identify various societal and personal factors that may influence financial decision making, and describe the effects that each might have
F1.5 explain how interest rates can impact savings, investments, and the cost of borrowing to pay for goods and services over time
F1.6 compare interest rates and fees for different accounts and loans offered by various financial institutions, and determine the best option for different scenarios