The Decimal Operations unit can be purchased HERE
Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need! *Please note that this contains NEW lessons with added expectations from the new curriculum.
This resource is for the NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2. Operations” in regards to whole numbers (addition, subtraction, multiplication division) and decimals (for addition/subtraction). In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Addition and Subtraction AND Multiplication and Division chapters (Chapters 4 & 6). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 9 Google Slide presentations
- 130 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Estimating Sums and Differences
2. Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
3. Adding and Subtracting Decimals
4. Multi-step Problems – Addition & Subtraction
1. Factors, Primes, and Composites (NEW expectations)
2. Identifying Multiples (NEW expectations)
3. Multiplying Whole Numbers
4. Dividing Whole Numbers
5. Properties of Operations and Multi-step Problems (NEW expectations)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B2.1 use the properties of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving whole numbers, decimal numbers, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.2 understand the divisibility rules and use them to determine whether numbers are divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10
B2.4 represent and solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of whole numbers and decimal numbers, using estimation and algorithms
B2.6 represent composite numbers as a product of their prime factors, including through the use of factor trees
*B2.7, B2.8, B2.11 is covered in the Decimals Unit
**B2.1 for fractions, ratios, rates, and whole number percents, B2.3, B2.5, B2.9, B2.10, B2.12 is covered in the Fractions Unit
*This resource coincides with the Decimal Operations slides that can be purchased HERE
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Operations Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Operations Assessment Package.
Are you looking for a COMPLETE SOLUTION to implement the entire curriculum? This includes Digital Slides, Worksheets, and Assessments that covers all curriculum expectations. Check out this COMPLETE SOLUTION BUNDLE.
Do you want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.
Instagram * Facebook * My TpT Store * Tik Tok * YouTube * My website