Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need! *Please note that this contains NEW lessons with added expectations from the new curriculum.
This resource is for the NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2. Operations” in regards to decimal numbers (for multiplication/division) and it covers C1.4 of Patterns and Relationships (create and describe patterns to illustrate relationships among whole numbers and decimal numbers). In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Multiplying Decimals AND Dividing Decimals chapters (Chapter 9 & 10). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 100 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Multiplying Whole Numbers by Tenths
2. Multiplying by 0.1, 0.01, 0.001
3. Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
4. Dividing by 0.1, 0.01, 0.001
5. Dividing Whole Numbers by Decimal Tenths
6. Decimal Operations Word Problems
7. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B1.6 describe relationships and show equivalences among fractions and decimal numbers up to thousandths, using appropriate tools and drawings, in various contexts
B2.7 represent and solve problems involving the multiplication of three-digit whole numbers by decimal tenths, using algorithms
B2.8 represent and solve problems involving the division of three-digit whole numbers by decimal tenths, using appropriate tools, strategies, and algorithms, and expressing remainders as appropriate
B2.11 represent and solve problems involving the division of decimal numbers up to thousandths by whole numbers up to 10, using appropriate tools and strategies
C1.4 create and describe patterns to illustrate relationships among whole numbers and decimal numbers
*This resource coincides with the Operations - Whole Numbers slides that can be purchased HERE