Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource from My Call to Teach is what you need!
This resource is for the ALGEBRA strand and covers specific expectations for “C1. Patterns and Relationships” and "C2. Equations and Inequalities". Please note that expectations involving decimals will be covered in the Decimal Operations Unit. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Patterns in Mathematics chapter (Chapter 1). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 111 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Pattern Rules
2. Relationship Rules for Patterns
3. Representing Patterns on a Graph
4. Variables and Expressions
5. Solving Algebraic Equations
6. Solving Inequalities
7. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
C1.1 identify and describe repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns, including patterns found in real-life contexts, and specify which growing patterns are linear
C1.2 create and translate repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns using various representations, including tables of values, graphs, and, for linear growing patterns, algebraic expressions and equations
C1.3 determine pattern rules and use them to extend patterns, make and justify predictions, and identify missing elements in repeating, growing, and shrinking patterns, and use algebraic representations of the pattern rules to solve for unknown values in linear growing patterns
C2.1 add monomials with a degree of 1 that involve whole numbers, using tools
C2.2 evaluate algebraic expressions that involve whole numbers and decimal tenths
C2.3 solve equations that involve multiple terms and whole numbers in various contexts, and verify solutions
C2.4 solve inequalities that involve two operations and whole numbers up to 100, and verify and graph the solutions
*Note that C1.4 is covered in the Decimals unit HERE
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!