Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource from My Call to Teach is what you need!
This resource is for the NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1. Number Sense” in regards to whole numbers, integers, and decimals. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Numeration chapter (Chapter 2). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 91 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Reading and Writing Numbers
2. Reading and Writing Integers
3. Comparing and Ordering Integers
4. Reading, Writing, and Rounding Decimal Thousandths
5. Comparing and Ordering Decimals
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B1.1 read and represent whole numbers up to and including one million, using appropriate tools and strategies, and describe various ways they are used in everyday life
B1.2 read and represent integers, using a variety of tools and strategies, including horizontal and vertical number lines
B1.3 compare and order integers and decimal numbers in combination, in various contexts
*B1.3 for fractions, B1.4, B1.5, and B1.6 is covered in the Fractions, Ratios, and Percents Unit
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Number Sense & Place Value Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Number Sense & Place Value Assessment Package.
Are you looking for a COMPLETE SOLUTION to implement the entire curriculum? This includes Digital Slides, Worksheets, and Assessments that covers all curriculum expectations. Check out this COMPLETE SOLUTION BUNDLE.
Do you want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: email@example.com
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.