Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need! *Note that this contains NEW lessons with added expectations from the new curriculum.
This resource is for the SPATIAL SENSE strand and covers ALL specific expectations for “E1. Geometric and Spatial Reasoning”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Patterns and Motions in Geometry chapter (Chapter 14) but with the NEW expectations. This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 4 Google Slide presentations
- 103 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Geometric Properties – Quadrilaterals
2. Constructing 3D Objects
3. Plotting Points and Translations
Specific Expectations covered:
E1.1 create lists of the geometric properties of various types of quadrilaterals, including the properties of the diagonals, rotational symmetry, and line symmetry
E1.2 construct three-dimensional objects when given their top, front, and side views
E1.3 plot and read coordinates in all four quadrants of a Cartesian plane, and describe the translations that move a point from one coordinate to another
E1.4 describe and perform combinations of translations, reflections, and rotations up to 360° on a grid, and predict the results of these transformations
Please email me with any questions you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!