Don’t know where to start with all the changes in the NEW Grade 6 Fractions/Ratios/Percent Math expectations? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 6 NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B1. Number Sense” and “B2. Operations” for fractions, ratios, and percent. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Fraction, Decimals, Ratios, and Percents chapter (Chapter 12). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 6 Google Slide presentations
- 171 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Relationships Among Fractions and Decimals
2. Comparing and Ordering Fractions
3. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
4. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
5. Ratios and Rates
7. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered
B1.3 compare and order integers, decimal numbers, and fractions, separately and in combination, in various contexts
B1.6 describe relationships and show equivalences among fractions and decimal numbers up to thousandths, using appropriate tools and drawings, in various contexts
B2.1 use the properties of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving fractions, ratios, rates, and whole number percents, including those requiring multiple steps or multiple operations
B2.3 use mental math strategies to calculate percents of whole numbers, including 1%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 25%, and 50%, and explain the strategies used
B2.5 add and subtract fractions with like and unlike denominators, using appropriate tools, in various contexts
B2.9 multiply whole numbers by proper fractions, using appropriate tools and strategies
B2.10 divide whole numbers by proper fractions, using appropriate tools and strategies
B2.12 solve problems involving ratios, including percents and rates, using appropriate tools and strategies
*B1.3, B2.1 for integers and decimal number, B2.2 is covered in the Operations Unit
**B2.7, B2.8, B2.11 is covered in the Decimals Unit
Please email me with any questions you may have at: email@example.com
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!