Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable, NO PREP Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the DATA strand and covers all specific expectations for “D2. Probability”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Probability chapter (Chapter 13). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 2 Google Slide presentations
- 28 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
2. Theoretical and Experimental Probability
Specific Expectations covered:
D2.1 use fractions to express the probability of events happening, represent this probability on a probability line, and use it to make predictions and informed decisions
D2.2 determine and compare the theoretical and experimental probabilities of an event happening