Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the NUMBER strand and covers specific expectations for “B2. Operations” in regards to whole and decimal numbers. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
For teachers who are given Nelson© Math by your board, this resource loosely follows the order of the Addition and Subtraction AND Multiplication and Division chapters (Chapters 4 & 6). This allows you to assign additional questions from this text if needed.
- 8 Google Slide presentations
- 128 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Estimating Sums and Differences
2. Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
3. Adding and Subtracting Decimals
1. Mental Facts and Mental Math
4. Properties of Operations
5. Multi-step Problems
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
B2.1 use the properties of operations, and the relationships between operations, to solve problems involving whole numbers and decimal numbers, including those requiring more than one operation, and check calculations
B2.2 recall and demonstrate multiplication facts from 0 × 0 to 12 × 12, and related division facts
B2.3 use mental math strategies to multiply whole numbers by 0.1 and 0.01 and estimate sums and differences of decimal numbers up to hundredths, and explain the strategies used
B2.4 represent and solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of whole numbers that add up to no more than 100 000, and of decimal numbers up to hundredths, using appropriate tools, strategies, and algorithms
B2.6 represent and solve problems involving the multiplication of two-digit whole numbers by two-digit whole numbers using the area model and using algorithms, and make connections between the two methods
B2.7 represent and solve problems involving the division of three-digit whole numbers by two-digit whole numbers using the area model and using algorithms, and make connections between the two methods, while expressing any remainder appropriately
For the Fractions, Ratios, Percents Unit that covers the rest of the B2 expectations, click HERE
Please email me with any questions you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!