Are you planning for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource from My Call to Teach is what you need!
This resource is for the FINANCIAL LITERACY strand and covers ALL specific expectations for “F1. Money and Finances”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 4 Google Slide presentations
- 87 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Money Concepts
2. Transactions and Tax
3. Financial Management
4. Unit Rates
5. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
F1.1 describe several ways money can be transferred among individuals, organizations, and businesses
F1.2 estimate and calculate the cost of transactions involving multiple items priced in dollars and cents, including sales tax, using various strategies
F1.3 design sample basic budgets to manage finances for various earning and spending scenarios
F1.4 explain the concepts of credit and debt, and describe how financial decisions may be impacted by each
F1.5 calculate unit rates for various goods and services, and identify which rates offer the best value
F1.6 describe the types of taxes that are collected by the different levels of government in Canada, and explain how tax revenue is used to provide services in the community
Please email me with any questions you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on social media as I announce Flash Sales/Freebies frequently!