Don’t know what to start in the Coding strand for the NEW Grade 5 Ontario Math Curriculum? This FREE editable resource is EXACTLY what you need!
This FREEBIE covers ALL C3 expectations. After reviewing this resource with your class, students can use a free platform (several are listed in this resource, including code.org) to put the theory into practice.
- 2 Google Slide presentations
- 65 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations covered in each presentation are labelled
- Google Form Assessment
Specific expectations covered:
C3.1 solve problems and create computational representations of mathematical situations by writing and executing code, including code that involves conditional statements and other control structures
C3.2 read and alter existing code, including code that involves conditional statements and other control structures, and describe how changes to the code affect the outcomes
Title of sections included:
1. Writing Code
2. Reading Code
3. Google Form Assessment
"This resource is well put together, easy to use and really helped me teach this unit. The slides are fabulous and informative."
"Great resource! I was very unsure of what to teach for this unit, and this gave me and my students a base point. I've bought other units with this seller and they are great. I also love that I can edit it however I need to, to meet the needs of my learners.""
"Great real life examples. Love the lay out. Highly recommend all of your units. I have all the 6 and what you have for the 5s and find them a life saver. Thank you!"
"So thankful for this resource. Aligns perfectly with the new curriculum."
Please email me with any questions you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org