Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Spatial Sense strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 8 Ontario Math Curriculum? This editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 8 SPATIAL SENSE strand and covers specific expectations for “E1 Geometric and Spatial Reasoning." In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 5 Google Slide presentations
- 142 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Tessellations (E1.1) *tessellations project rubric included
2. Perspective Views (E1.2) *scale drawing and diorama project rubric included
3. Scale Drawings (E1.3)
4. Translations and Reflections (E1.4)
5. Rotations and Dilations (E1.4)
6. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
E1.1 identify geometric properties of tessellating shapes and identify the transformations that occur in the tessellations
E1.2 make objects and models using appropriate scales, given their top, front, and side views or their perspective views
E1.3 use scale drawings to calculate actual lengths and areas, and reproduce scale drawings at different ratios
E1.4 describe and perform translations, reflections, rotations, and dilations on a Cartesian plane, and predict the results of these transformations
Are you looking for extra, supplement practice that aligns with this digital unit? Check out the Geometry Worksheet Package.
Are you looking for SUMMATIVE assessments for the New Ontario Curriculum? Check out this Geometry Assessment Package.
Want to see how I use all these resources in my own class? Click HERE.
See MY STORE for all the other units! Follow my store to get all the updates as I am carefully creating each unit to ensure quality resources.
Please note that I take great time in creating these resources. If you have any concerns I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me through email as I strive to provide value-added resources for all my customers. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, follow me on Instagram, as this is where I post what I'm working on and what I launch - and I always launch with a flash sale or freebie!
Remember to leave a review! I truly value your feedback!
Follow me to receive updates on new products.