Do you need a practical and engaging resource for the NEW Ontario Math Financial Literacy strand? Are you planning for the NEW Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum? This fully editable Google Slide resource is what you need!
This resource is for the Grade 6 FINANCIAL LITERACY strand and covers ALL specific expectations for “F1. Money and Finances”. In this resource, students will experience math through engaging real-life questions, storytelling through math, and interactive slides.
- 4 Google Slide presentations
- 82 UNIQUE and EDITABLE Google Slides in total
- Slides are editable for you to increase student engagement (e.g. you can add your Bitmoji, change the name in the word problem example, add pictures, etc.)
- Interactive student slides – value-added questions to assess student understanding. Students can hand in Google Classroom when completed.
- Each file starts off with an Opening Engagement Question touching on real-life, practical situations told in a storytelling format.
- Specific expectations that are covered
- Google Form Assessment
Titles of sections included:
1. Money Concepts
2. Financial Management
3. Financial Institutions
4. Consumer and Civic Awareness
5. Google Form Assessment
Specific Expectations covered:
F1.1 describe the advantages and disadvantages of various methods of payment that can be used to purchase goods and services
F1.2 identify different types of financial goals, including earning and saving goals, and outline some key steps in achieving them
F1.3 identify and describe various factors that may help or interfere with reaching financial goals
F1.4 explain the concept of interest rates, and identify types of interest rates and fees associated with different accounts and loans offered by various banks and other financial institutions
F1.5 describe trading, lending, borrowing, and donating as different ways to distribute financial and other resources among individuals and organizations